Your Healthcare Headquarters
Our Mission: The staff at Newport Hospital and Health Services commits to be trusted as the first-choice healthcare provider for our community.
Whether you are a resident of the greater Pend Oreille Valley and surrounding area, just passing through or recreating in the great outdoors, Newport Hospital and Health Services provides care when you need it, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
NHHS employs six primary care practice physicians, six health care affiliates, two Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists and a General Surgeon. We offer complete obstetrical care including epidural anesthesia and Cesarean deliveries in a private, family setting.
Outpatient services are comprised of full service diagnostic imaging (radiology), laboratory, pathology and licensed physical and restorative therapy. NHHS also offers short stay and same day surgical services and a fully staffed general medical acute care unit.
Pend Oreille County Public Hospital District #1
Pend Oreille County Public Hospital District #1 is a municipal corporation established in 1921 and authorized to provide for “the healthcare needs of District residents and other persons.”
Located in Newport, Pend Oreille County, Washington, the District owns and operates:
- Newport Hospital & Health Services
- 50 Bed Long Term Care Facility
- River Mountain Village, a 42 Unit Assisted Living Facility
- Two Primary Care Health Clinics: Family Medicine Newport & Family Health Center Newport
- State-of-the-art 24-bed acute care
- 24 hour emergency department
- Diagnostic imaging (Radiology)
- Physical and rehabilitative therapy
- General surgical services
- 2 Birthing rooms
- Laboratory services